Monday, August 27, 2007

Problems with Blogger's RSS feed for comments

There seems to be an issue with the RSS feeds for Blogger comments. I wrote before about how to embed a blog's recent comments into a blog widget, displaying recent comments for your front page readers.

It worked when I put it on this blog before. Now the blog date and author are the only elements showing up.

I thought I was doing something wrong, then I saw there were several Blogger users with the same problem on Google Group for Blogger.

I'm not sure what the issue is. Blogger has done something to the API that is killing the comment feeds. I'll just leave the widget up to see if it gets fixed.

While I'm at it, I do have a gripe with Blogger's comment RSS feed. I've received some comment spam on this blog. I deleted the spammy comments, but they still show up in my comment RSS feed. The only solution to get rid of them is to have newer comments push them out of the immediate posts.

If anyone has a solution to these issues, feel free to comment or email me.

No comments: