Saturday, July 21, 2007

Added the RSS feed to comments and a search box

I just added an RSS feed for the comments of this blog. I used the directions from Dummies Guide to Blogger Beta to find the feed address of my blog.

According the article, the feed for comments from Blogger blogs reads like this...

http://YOURBLOGNAME.blogspot.com/feeds/comments/default

I took that feed address, modified with the name of this blog, and put it into an RSS feed widget from the Blogger dashboard. Now I have feed of all comments.

I signed into my blog from the Blogger in Draft page and found a new search widget. The widget allows reader to search my blog and displays the results at the top of the page. I can search the posts on this blog without being redirected to a new page. If you have a blog with many posts, this should come in handy for your readers who are looking for specific information.

3 comments:

Charles Gnilka said...

Here's a new test comment! Let's see if it wipes out that spam comment in the feed window.

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

...please where can I buy a unicorn?